Training Leaders. Transforming Communities.
To Provide exceptional Christian Spiritual, Academic and Ministerial education to men and women who will make disciples, equip Leaders and impact the communities they serve.
The one who calls you is faithful and He will do it.
– 1 Thessalonians 5:24
Lakeview Bible College & Seminary (formerly Madras School/College of Evangelism) was established in the year 1977 and has been training leaders ever since. Over the years LBC&S has gone through various changes to become more effective and relevant to the challenges we face in these changing times.
Some of the major changes have been:
- Constructing a new campus (1998).
- Adding women students (2001).
- Offering two Masters-level majors: Leadership & Christian Counselling (2002).
- Cross cultural Internship for all students (2003).
- Foreign faculty for Master-level major specializations (2004).
- Extension Centres in Chennai and beyond (2008-2019).
- Construction of Berea hall – a multipurpose facility (2011).
- Video production and training in our own studio built on campus (2012).
- Admission of Foreign students (2013).
- New Master-level major in Christian Mission and Media (2014).
Since 2015, we have been consistently upgrading our facilties and progams to provide more opportunities for innovative models in marketplace ministry. Some new steps in this direction are:
- Two major specializations: Media Communications (2017) and Business Entrepreneurship (2018)
- Ground floor (2015) and first floor (2018) of the Daum Residence (men’s hostel) constructed to accommodate more students
- From 2020 all programs offered on online platforms due to CoVid
- From 2021, a new dual Bachelor degree, an Integrated Master-, and a fully online Master-level degree offered
- Four major streams offered in 2021 in both Bachelor and Master degrees: Christian Studies, Psychology and Christian Counselling, Media Communications, and Business Entrepreneurship.
We are confident that our faithful God will equip us to carry out our vision through these uncertain times by adapting to any challenges that come our way.
- The Christian Scriptures – the Holy Bible, comprising the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments reveal the Eternal Word of God and are the only verbal revelation of God. They are divinely-inspired and are therefore infallible, and completely trustworthy in all that they proclaim and teach.
- The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ presents God’s agenda for the world, and so provides the standard for the life of the Christian and the church today.
- There is one personal God, Creator of all things, visible and invisible, who is eternally existent in a trinity of persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the incarnate Son of God. He was born of a virgin, died on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for man’s sins and rose bodily on the third day. He ascended to heaven and now represents believers before God as their High Priest and Advocate.
- The Gospel is the proclamation of Jesus’ saving work for the world – his death, burial and resurrection – and calls people to receive him as Saviour and Lord of their lives.
- Belief (trust) in Jesus Christ as the only Saviour for sin, leading to repentance from sin, and baptism in water, is the normative response to the gospel found in Scripture. This faith-response justifies and forgives the believing sinner and effects his regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Justification and regeneration form the Christian doctrine of salvation.
THE HOLY SPIRIT
- Every believer in Christ must be continually filled by the Holy Spirit who sanctifies, enables and equips him to glorify God and minister His grace to the world. This filling and ministry is not necessarily accompanied by the manifestation of speaking in tongues.
CHURCH AND MISSION
- The church is the Body of Christ on earth and consists of all who have received Jesus Christ as Saviour, and Lord and are integrated into local gatherings of God’s people. These meetings help believers grow in fellowship with Christ and each other as they minister God’s salvation to the world.
- Jesus Christ is the Head of the church, and therefore, each local assembly has the privilege, under Christ’s authority, to manage its own life and ministry as an autonomous body.
- The New Testament provides the essential principles of God’s manifesto for the church’s ministry and mission.
THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST
- Jesus Christ will return to earth in visible and bodily form to judge the living and the dead. Believers will be transformed into glorious beings enjoying eternity in God’s presence while unbelievers will be assigned to judgment and eternal punishment.
Lakeview Bible College & Seminary is a place where I have learned many things, to love and serve God and how to love and care for one another. The staff in LBC&S are so humble, friendly and caring. They help us to grow more in Christ and to become true servant of God, they always encourage us and motivate us.
16, 8th Main, 3rd Cross Road,
SIPCOT Industrial Park, Irungattukottai,
Chennai 602117, Tamil Nadu, India
Mobile: +91 80569 05251